Friday, May 25, 2007

This, That and Some of Those

My eye is feeling much better. I'm still using my drops occasionally and not wearing contacts but expect it to be healed by tomorrow.

I'm becoming more efficent in travelling about the city with each passing day. I can generally keep track of which direction I am heading and am quickly learning the details of the complex subway system.

Trash day in NYC is not Monday or Tuesday or whatever day as it is in most places I've lived. There are mountains of garbage in the streets everyday and people are working in shifts 24/7 to collect them.

My classes for my license exam are awful. They are geared for the absolute slowest person in class and are taught by a couple flunkys from Jersey. Only ten left.

Thank God I'm moving to Brooklyn soon, where there are only about 35,000 people/sq. mile. That is approximately half as dense as Manhattan.

If I took every flyer that was stuck in front of me everyday and chopped it into confetti, I could posibly sell it to party supply stores for a decent profit.

Fashion sucks.

Although I am against cruelty to animals, I took an opportunity to punt a pigeon the other day. Probably flew about fifteen feet. I enjoyed it.

I've contemplated purchasing at least a few fake Rolexes so I can stand in Chinatown pestering every Chineese person to buy them.

My feet and knees are killing me.

When I am ordering a sandwich at a deli, I would really appreciate it if the maker of my sandwich spoke english. I like a good sandwich and am more demanding of my sandwich creator than the average guy. The Panamanian girls at the Hot & Crusty just can't hack it.

Have you seen my umbrella?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake~
Bet you can't wait until you have
a place to make your own sandwich.
I am so glad your eye is doing better. You really should get a
pair of glasses and give them
a break from the contacts. How lucky to be across from the Botanical Gardens-you should volunteer there. We were just
"up town" eating fish at Buzzs'
and as I looked around it dawned
on me what a whole other world you
are in. Truly some good old folks
here living pretty simple lives.
Come to think of it I haven't even
seen a traffic light in several
weeks. They are painting the water
tower and the house right next to
Saint Nicks is being moved. Louie
got sprayed by a skunk and Anna
peed on my purse{grrrr}. That's
about it around here. I love ya
and love reading your post.

~M

Anonymous said...

Twas a good to talk to ya the other day brotha... I miss you quite a bit and wish you more than the best. i cant wait til the next time i see you.

eric

Adam said...

Jake,

I completely understand the great feeling of joy finding your way around a new city can be. I'm going to Moscow on Saturday, we'll see how that goes. My brother's friend Alex lives in Brooklyn, although I'm not exactly sure where.

Never fear, Brookly is here.

And I too, would appreciate it if the guy who makes my sandwhich speaks english, though I'm not in an English Speaking country.

Yours,

Brandi said...

I agree you should get some glasses. Or, better yet I highly recommend Lasik. Especially now that my eyes are healed. It is a strange not wearing contacts or glasses, but at last I my eyes are free.

I am glad you are doing so well.

Love,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Well hello Jake...Today is my first day living life in Maine w/o my friend Annalisa. No morning coffee chats, no late night cosmos. What's a girl to do???? Please take good care of my friend out there in that crazy city. I'm really wishing the best for the two of you! Hope to be down for a visit shortly! Lori